Thursday, April 13, 2006

Card Corner at Aalcha


cardcorner
Originally uploaded by dalbhat.
When I heard that my friends at Aalcha were planning to open a lending library and bookshop I asked if I could get in on the fun.

Keeping in touch through cards and letters is something that seems an inherited gene in my family so setting up a small card and stationary corner seemed obvious to me. I am hoping that more people can keep alive the art of letter and postcard writing, even in the midst of this internet/email heyday we are living in.

Products are mainly sourced through NGOs and artists so you just cannot go wrong if you buy your greeting cards and thank yous from here. Beautiful handmade diaries, notebooks and gift bags are also available.

Located in Shyambati in Shantiniketan.

No comments: